Home / General / Two Bangladeshis die after inhaling toxic gas

Two Bangladeshis die after inhaling toxic gas

SIBU, Jan 9 (Bernama) — Two foreign workers died believed to have inhaled toxic gas while repairing a towing vessel at a shipyard located at the Rantau Panjang Shipbuilding Industrial Estate here late this evening.

Sarawak Fire and Rescue Department Operation Centre in a statement said the dead victims were identified as Aktar and Maznu, both from Bangladesh.

A compatriot Rone Mattdor and two Indonesians Shahrir Ramadan and Awaludin were found unconscious by a rescue team from the Sungai Merah and Sibu Fire Stations who rushed to the scene after alerted of the incident at 6.28 pm.

Source: BERNAMA (News Agency)

Check Also

‘Sabah Sarawak Merdeka’ facebook account could belong to foreigners – IGP

KUANTAN, Police have not discounted the possibility that the 'Sabah-Sarawak Merdeka' Facebook account is owned by foreigners who want to cause provocations in the country, said Inspector-General of Police Tan Sri Mohamad Fuzi Harun.Mohamad Fuzi said po...