Home / Business & Finance / SINGAPORE YET TO RECEIVE OFFICIAL PROPOSAL FOR THIRD LINK

SINGAPORE YET TO RECEIVE OFFICIAL PROPOSAL FOR THIRD LINK

SINGAPORE, Aug 31 (NNN-Bernama) Singapore has yet to receive any official proposal from Malaysia on a third bridge linking both countries from the eastern side of Johor.

“We have not received any official proposal or communication from Malaysia regarding a third link between Singapore and Malaysia,” a spokesperson from Singapore’s Ministry of Transport said in a statement yesterday.

Johor state Menteri Besar (Chief Minister) Osman Sapian had earlier yesterday said the state government had a plan to build the third link to ease traffic congestion at the Johor Causeway and second link crossing.

However, Osman said a proposal would first be sent to the federal government for due diligence.

The plan is to link Pengerang, Johor and Pulau Ubin in Singapore via a three-kilometre bridge and an undersea tunnel. NNN-BERNAMA

Source: NAM News Network

Check Also

Fishermen find body of baby in river

BANDAR PERMAISURI (Terengganu), Two fishermen found the body of a baby boy in a sling bag they retrieved from a river here today.They spotted the dark blue bag floating in Sungai Beris Tok Ku in Penarik at about 5 pm and retrieved it and placed it in t...