Home / Politics / SAUDI EMBASSY CONFIRMS NO CUTS IN MALAYSIAN HAJ QUOTAS

SAUDI EMBASSY CONFIRMS NO CUTS IN MALAYSIAN HAJ QUOTAS

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia July 6 (NNN-Bernama) The Saudi Arabian embassy here has confirmed that the haj quota for Malaysia this year will remain at 30,200 pilgrims.

In a statement here, it described a report carried by a news portal that Saudi Arabia had reduced the Malaysian haj quota as completely baseless.

“The haj quota for Malaysian pilgrims has been fixed at 30,200 pilgrims,” the mission said.

The statement further said that 8,000 pilgrimage visas had been issued by the embassy in its ongoing work in receiving the passports of Malaysian pilgrims and completing the necessary procedures on the same day in coordination with the Malaysian pilgrim affairs authority.

The embassy emphasised the keenness of the Government of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques to harness all efforts and possibilities and do everything necessary to enable pilgrims to perform their duties.NNN-BERNAMA

Source: NAM News Network

Check Also

Special Representative for Iran Brian Hook Travel to India, Luxembourg, France, and Belgium

Special Representative for Iran Brian Hook is traveling on October 10-17 to India and Europe to further discuss U.S. foreign policy toward Iran. In India, he and Assistant Secretary of State for Energy Resources Francis R. Fannon will meet with Indian ...