Home / General / NO MALAYSIAN INVOLVED SO FAR IN TORONTO’S TERROR VAN INCIDENT
TORONTO, Lit candles and flowers piled up along the stretch of a street here as a memorial for the victims of a deadly attack in which 10 people were mowed to their death and 14 others injured as the attacker accelerated his van into them. Toronto Pol...

NO MALAYSIAN INVOLVED SO FAR IN TORONTO’S TERROR VAN INCIDENT

TORONTO, Lit candles and flowers piled up along the stretch of a street here as a memorial for the victims of a deadly attack in which 10 people were mowed to their death and 14 others injured as the attacker accelerated his van into them.

Toronto Police said on-going probes into the attack would take time as investigators appeal for information to help them identify victims and determine a motive.

Meanwhile, so far no Malaysian has been reported involved in the tragedy.

Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale has said at the sidelines of the G7 foreign ministers meeting here on Monday that while the attack was horrendous, it did not appear to represent a larger threat to national security and Canada’s terror threat level would remain at medium.

Toronto Police Chief Mark Saunders has declined to speculate about a motive, saying authorities were still investigating, and “We are looking very strongly to what the exact motivation was for this particular incident to take place and at the end of the day, we will have a fulsome answer, and we will have a fulsome account as to what the conclusion of this is”.

The officer who arrested the suspect despite his threats of the gun was identified at Constable Ken Lam, now hailed as a hero for arresting the suspect without firing a shot.

“This unfathomable loss of life has left our city in mourning,” Toronto Mayor John Tory said while Ontario Province Premier Kathleen Wynne said “We are all unsettled and very disturbed by a situation like this. I think it’s impossible not to be. It’s frightening.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau addressed the nation said today “we cannot live in fear” while US president Donald Trump extended his condolences to Canadians over the deadly attack.

Source: NAM News Network

About malaysiang

Check Also

MOH looking into fully opening Malaysia-Singapore border

  The Health Ministry (MOH) is looking into fully reopening the Malaysia-Singapore border for daily …