KUALA LUMPUR, The total number of deaths in China from the novel coronavirus has increased to over 300 after 45 new deaths were reported in Hubei Province, the epicentre of the outbreak, Saturday.
The Chinese Embassy in Malaysia in its Facebook posting said according to China’s National Health Commission, as of midnight (24:00hrs) Feb 1, 304 total fatalities were reported while 328 people had been discharged from hospital after recovery (85 of them on Saturday).
Meanwhile, also on Saturday, 2,590 newly-confirmed cases were recorded (1,921 in Hubei Province), bringing the total number of confirmed cases in the country to 14,380.
There are also 19,544 suspected cases so far, with 4,562 new suspected cases recorded on Saturday.
At present, 163,844 close contacts have been tracked, 8,044 people were released from medical observation on the same day, (and) 137,594 people are currently receiving medical observation, it said.
Source: BERNAMA News Agency