Home / Entertainment & Media / Bandar Seri Sendayan developer urged to build affordable housing units

Bandar Seri Sendayan developer urged to build affordable housing units

SEREMBAN, The Ministry of Housing and Local Government (KPKT) has urged the developer of Bandar Sri Sendayan to build affordable housing units in the area so that the second generation of Felda Sendayan settlers will get a chance to own a home.

Its minister Zuraida Kamaruddin said KPKT was informed that there was no plan to build affordable housing units in the area, hence she was asking the developer to review the township’s development plan.

Yesterday Teo Kok Seong (State Urban Wellbeing, Housing, Local Government and New Villages Committee chairman) contacted the developer, Matrix Concepts Holdings Berhad, and they admitted that there was no plan to build affordable houses in the area, so he will be with the developer to review the housing development plan in the area and ensure there will be affordable housing project.

We want the development papers to be reopened to ensure that affordable homes are also included in their housing development so that the second generation of Felda Sendayan settlers will get a chance to own a home on the land their father explored before and it is their right, she said.

She said this during a working visit to the new Seremban Municipal Council building here today.

She added that the developer of Bandar Seri Sendayan had built 4,000 houses valued at RM1.2 million and she only learned about this (no affordable housing project) in the area after she visited Felda Sendayan recently.

Hence, if there is an affordable housing project, it will not only give the second generation of Felda settlers a chance to own a home, and it can also be offered to those in the B40 group in the state as well, she said.

In another development, Zuraida also confirmed thus far no housing projects under her ministry including the 1Malaysia People’s Housing Scheme (PR1MA), had been abandoned except the Hardcore Poor Housing project in Chembung, Rembau.

The project has been abandoned about 10 months ago and only 10 per cent completed, so we are in the process of identifying the contractor to revive it, she said.

Also at the same event, Zuraida announced RM2.2 million allocation for infrastructure development and to address floods in the Port Dickson and Jempol municipal councils.

Zuraida said the allocation was approved after considering and reviewing the main issues that needed to be addressed by her ministry.

Source: BERNAMA (News Agency)

Check Also

Singapore expresses great appreciation for Tun M’s presence at Bicentennial Parade

SINGAPORE, Singapore greatly appreciated the presence of Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad and his wife Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali at this year's Bicentennial National Day Parade on Friday evening, despite their hectic schedule.Former P...